Monday, October 6, 2008

Heavenly Herbal Happiness Soap




I have just made my first larger batch of soap.
Approximately 18 litres.
This is one that I put a lot of planning and meditating into.
I have used Calendula Petals and some Calendula Tea plus sage leaves chopped up and Aloe Vera staright from the leaf in it to give those all good natural extras. I nearly forgot also a few leaves of soap-wort. Soap-Wort (Saponaria Officinalis)
These ingredients were fresh from my garden.
Perfumed with Bergamot ,lemon,vanilla, chamomile and Frankinsense.

The natural oils used as the base were Rice Bran,Olive Oil and coconut oil.
I coloured the top third with Yellow Oxide clay deepening and adding extra petals to the final layer.
An extremelly joyfull batch to make and in 4 weeks I will report on how it feels to use it.
I used a favorite old dressing table draw with black plastic lining for the mold.
The large amount came after reading this interesting page http://www.bootstrapbabes.com/bb_blog/2008/09/index.html

No comments: