Saturday, October 11, 2008

Muberries

I forgot to mention that I stopped at JA'S Herb nursery to get some money wort , a herb good for healing wounds, to add to soaps later and was allowed to pick some mulberries which I have already boiled and sacrificed my last sugar in the house for.
Mulberries were the staple diet of my 3 sons and my self many years back after I had bought my first Aussi Home and money was as tight as it is in a new home with teenage boys.We ate every type of food you could make with mulberries off a tree in the garden.We died clothes and had mulberry fights.So mulberry Soap is a must.
I will blend that into a christmas star soap with some rebatched baby soap. Had just enough rainfall to be able to wash soap making equipment out.Things are a bit touch and go with water till the next big deluge thanks to a little hose incident.
JA'S nursery has an amazing variety and is well worth a trip.It is at 81 Mapleton Montville Rd, Mapleton. Ph 05 54457128 Fax o7 54786185. I think they do mail order.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey goodmorning Starduster!

My Mum has a lovely mulberry tree and mulberries feature in many of my best childhood memories....are you planning to rebatch the baby soap with a mulberry puree? Sounds very interesting!!!

Best wishes, topcat :)

Starduster said...

Yes I was.I love my baby soap but I made it a little too soft so it waill have to be rebatched even into a biiger batch move evenly balanced.
I have found a bottle of Amber Essence from way back so was thinking of maybe using that with the mulberries instead.
Twas really nice to find your coment here.